Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The end of Rome

Between the classes I am taking and the classes I am teaching, I have not had very much time to keep up with the many podcasts to which I have subscribed. Thus, it is not until two months after the fact that I discover that Michael Duncan's fantastic History of Rome podcast has come to an end. It is not that Duncan has given up; on the contrary, with his 179th episode he finally brought his listeners all the way through the story he began five years ago. 

The podcast practically defines what the term "labor of love" means. If you are even faintly interested in Roman history, I encourage you to check out the podcast: it will give you years of listening pleasure.

1 comment:

Hume's Ghost said...

I'll have to start listening to that podcast in conjunction with reading my kindle copy of Heather's The Fall of the Roman Empire: A New History of Rome and the Barbarians which I snagged for 2 dollars when it was on sale. (When I get around to reading it, that is.)