Monday, April 9, 2012

I would like to blame the calculus

Last week, I walked all the way to the university before realizing that I was wearing my jacket inside out. I would like to think this is further evidence of my progress toward becoming a mathematician, but it probably just means that I am an idiot.

One of my friends remarked that Einstein would be proud of me, but I think Einstein would have pushed me down a flight of stairs. It's as the old saying goes: "Don't turn your back on Einstein, or he'll push you down a flight of stairs."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this Einstein quote will shed some light on your situation: "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

Mark Vuletic said...

That quote is a fabrication. What Einstein really said was, "You see, a cat is a kind of very, very short wire telegraph. You use the transmitter at the tip of the cat's tail, and sound comes out the speaker at the head of the cat. Do you understand this? And a cat operates the same way: you pull its tail, and it is meowing. The only difference is that there is no wire telegraph."