Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? More like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Awesome. A slow first few minutes, but then it rockets to Olympian heights of awesomeness. I have to say, though, that the chief thing the movie did for me was to underscore, with a thick black marker, the complete incompetence with which George Lucas handled the Anakin-to-Vader transformation in the Star Wars prequels. When the bumbling protagonist-villain of a comedy musical makes a thousand times more sense, in every dimension of analysis, than the Dark Lord of the Sith, something is deeply wrong.

Why is it that every time I watch a good movie, I end up cursing George Lucas?

2 comments:

Hume's Ghost said...

Saw it when it first came out, was indeed, awesome.

Steelman said...

Dr. Horrible is in my Netflix streaming queue, and is watched (and sung along with!) often.

Do you think Lucas and Whedon have ever even met? Probably not.