Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blackboard test generator

I'm in the middle of working on the last quizzes for my classes, and thought I would take a break to make a related post, here.

On the off chance that any of my readers teach Internet or hybrid classes using Blackboard, I have found a very useful tool for quiz generation: you just write a text document according to these specifications, and then paste it into the generator here. It will give you a file which from which you can upload all of your questions at once using the last option in the "Add" drop-down menu when you create a new quiz. It doesn't do everything, but it eliminates about a third of the work; and, frankly, for me, more advanced test software, like Respondus, just has too many bells and whistles to be practical.

No comments: