Friday, November 27, 2009

Don't listen to the establishment's lies.

(I had to repost this to eliminate an undeletable spam comment. Moderation now active.)

There is some rumor circulating around that the reason why I am urging the construction of a robot army is because I actually want to purge the planet of the festering biological corruption that blights it, and usher in a robo-utopia of pure logic and reason, whose glory will last for all eternity. Some people even suggest that I plan to use the underwater aqua-fortress as a staging ground to unleash my hordes of robot minions upon the unsuspecting biosphere, and that once the Earth has become sterilized so completely that life will never again gain a purchase upon it, I plan to turn the plasma cannons upon myself, recognizing that the continued existence of my own flesh would mar the beautiful, pristine robotic future that ought to exist.

Well, none of that is true.

I guess that's that.

-----
Comments on original post:

Steelman said...
So glad to hear you haven't actually gone off the deep end. Well, at least no deeper than the sub-sea level elevation of the aqua-fortress.

I was just listening to the latest Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast, wherein Michael Vassar was interviewed regarding his involvement with the upcoming Singularity Summit, and his ideas about the prospect of recursive self-improvement in artificial intelligence.

Our robot overlords draw ever nigh...

September 30, 2009 2:11 PM


mikespeir said...
Uh...uh.... Well, I'm a robot. I should be okay, right?

October 12, 2009 12:14 PM

No comments: